Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pride and Prejudice -- A for Skripsi

Pride and Prejudice the movie (2005) My Fave since Keira Knightley is the role charater. she's so Elizabeth!!!

Here I am, talking again about my Skripsi which was submitted last month and I got an A+ for my Skripsi. Dspise all the judgement from the senior who said that a literature-based Skripsi could be harder to get an A. Well, I dont care and I dont wanna believe that coz I was so wholeheartedly doing my skripsi which was entitle :
A STUDY OF SOCIAL AND CULTURAL BACKGROUND IN JANE AUSTEN'S PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

I already posted some of my thought while doing this skripsi. And I've fallen in love for this novel for so long. I'm so glad that I remember all the plot and characters. It made me easier to answer the question from my Examiners. Grrr, there were two examiners, both of them are Literature-based Lecturer. I'm glad that they didn't ask many thing about the research method (I'm so lost about the research method, but I'm good in analyzing something). One of them asked me about the story and made me explain the results. Okay, it's going to be too long if I include my chapter 4, I prefer to post in another page, so you can see it better. 

Lets continue, my second examiner was very very good! He took only 5 minutes to ask me some question, well, almost no question. He thought that my Skripsi was very good. (His opinion, not mine). Only one question He asked me "I already read your skripsi and I was your Prose' Lecturer too. You also took this novel for your last assignment too. So, i thought that you are really like this novel. can you explain why do you like this novel? as we know, many literary works can be so similar to our lives and can be affect our live too. so, what is the similarity, maybe if any, in this novel to you?"

I took a very little time to think, coz I know that question must come up from one of my examiners. So, I already prepared for the answer.
Elizabeth Bennet (Keira Knightley) I think she is the best "Elizabeth Bennet" ever. She's so brilliant, just the same with the characterization of Elizabeth Bennet in the novel. And by the way, Does she look like me?? Lol.
simply, I said, "Why I choose the social and cultural background of this novel because this novel set in the middle age of Europe, Regency era, exactly. I think that I've been so bored about the modern culture novel coz I knew most of the modern culture but the middle age culture, I want to learn it more. It is interesting to find something new. And why I choose this novel is because the similarity of Elizabeth and me. I like the way Elizabeth thinking about marriage, about family, life and love. How she being so confident to refuse injustice and something that wasn't suit for her. (remember the Collins' proposal). I love the way she thought that women whether married or not, they are women. And women should not married without love. well, I think we are similar in prejudicing "Mr. Darcy" of our lives too. "(lol... the last sentence it wasn't mention, but it was on my heart on that time :p)

yay, and then examiner said that he had no more question. Gyahahaha, it's only 5 or 7 minutes. I'm so grateful. 
and two or three weeks after the examination, I got the result. Yay!! both give me A, so that my skripsi gets an A!!! 
I have to admit that I'm no good in grammar, (errrggghhh, i'm learning it over and over again by now, and still didnt remember the exact time to wear it.) so, although I felt little guilty about being the highest IPK in this period, i should be glad coz I've done my skripsi with all of my heart. lol. well, it's serious. *straight face

Matthew MacFayden as Mr. Darcy.  Less arrogant than depict in the novel but he's handsome and kinda sweet. Yay, so here is the picture before the second proposal. He wasn't sleeping all night long because he worried about Elizabeth. No wonder, He looks so messy.

okay, one more thing... I paste my ACKNOWLEDGEMENT on this post, so that everyone who I mentioned will know it. ^^ 

==========================================================================
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

            Glory, Owner, Power and Might belongs to the Master Adonai in the name of Jesus alone, who by His Grace had saved human from the darkness of the world to see the light and become the light of the world. And gratefully, with his Grace and Power only, the writer can accomplish this Skripsi.
The writer’s gratitude goes to friends, partners and persons who help the writer to accomplish this study. These following persons she mentioned below are the people who deserve the gratitude from the heart.  They are:
1.      The advisor, Dyah Kurniawati, SS. MM who is very kind to share knowledge and time to correct her work. Without her patience and kindness, this study won’t be accomplished well. 
2.      The lecturers of English Study Program, who gave many useful knowledge during her study at UNIROW TUBAN. She will always remember every single advice and subject that they gave to her.
3.      Her parents, her grandma who support her for so long. She thanks for 22 years of patience and guidance which brought her to be a grown-up daughter. She promise to herself that she will make her family proud of her.
4.      Genk Ponie (Pika, Novia, Ratri) and 2007 D members: Rifqotin, Rochim, Dewi, Ifa, Zul, Uus, Jiza, Athok, Agus, Ana, Yakun, Fuad, Mustakim, Pitono etc who always cheers up her days during the boring time at campus. She will always miss the time when they were together. Special thanks she gives to an old friend from Kindergarten – Elementary school – Junior High, who works as a librarian in UNIROW library, Adi Nugraha. Thanks a lot for your help to find references.
5.      “Mr. Darcy”. She fond of Mr. Darcy character so much and she always grateful that today she finally found her own “Mr. Darcy” that will love her for all the eternity. And she sorry for being so rude (as rude as Elizabeth Bennet to Mr. Darcy at first) but so grateful that his patience as well as Mr. Darcy’s patience had succeeded win her heart. And for the next, she hopes she will get a happy ending just as the novel ended.
This Skripsi is imperfect and the writer acknowledges it, she apologizes about that. The advice and suggestion will be received gratefully. And to the reader and classical novel lovers, hope this study will be useful and be a good basic for another research.  Finally, she hopes that everything she sows today will she gain another day.

                                                                                                Tuban, July 2011
                                                                                                The writer

 ==========================================================================
 P.s 
since everyone have their own signature, so here is mine. Errr, although i just put it there with my fave font, it was my sign. See you next time ^^ Be blessed 


UPDATED::
You curious about the names I mentioned above (or maybe not ::lol::)
anyway, HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF MY FRIENDS.
Genk ponie

Genk Ponie

2007 D

Genk Ponie

2 comments:

SoleildeLamer said...

halah kaga ada nama gue, nyesel baca

Naomi Nadia said...

gyahahahaha... ups sorryyy... :p

Partners