Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Graduation Day - The Meaningful "S.Pd"

Today was my graduation day. Formality, yes. And how annoying because I have to wait -again- for  my certificate and "Akta 4". Well anyway, just skip those things and let me blabbing about this day.

Actually, I felt little tired this day cause I have to wake up at 4 o'clock just to queue in a Salon. And a night before, I couldn't sleep. I fell a sleep at 1 o'clock. Extremely tired but kinda exciting. This is the day when my name followed by a title. so, it's officially :

NADIA ARISA MEGAYANA, S.Pd

Kinda cool, yeah?
Now I know, why those people like to have very long-long title follow their names. There is a pride. Yet, for me, especially the title "S.pd" (Bachelor in Education) has a highly responsibility. From the very first time I went to school my first role-model were my teachers. They were so wise, smart and well-educated.  For the children, our teachers are the best! They know what we don't. They teach and give us example. I myself feel respected to them. I never know on that time, I finally decided to become a teacher. I love to be a person who can be a well example for the children. The children on their learning age, they need a role-model whom is respectable and capable to catch their attention. The children absolutely will remember some of their most favorite teachers. Most of them are the smart and good role-model teachers. So do I.

For me, on my early years, Elementary school years exactly. I saw a figure of my teacher who is, I might say, a perfect model for a good teacher that time. She was my 6th grade teacher. I could feel even when I was a child, the responsible heart she had. She was willingly to teach my class whom was known as the most naughty class ever. But she didn't give up even when we saw her cry once or twice because she felt bad for us. She almost gave up, but she never did! once, she admitted that she didn't have much ability to teach the 6th grade students. She had the responsible to get the best rank for the school in National final exam (My elementary school is one of an excellent school that time and get even better this time being under her control as a Head-Mistress). I'm truly respected her. Even if she admitted that she didn't have much ability, but she always learn and give the best for her beloved children. She is like a mother for us in the school. She took care of us, she taught and educate us as well, mold our character inside out and outside in. I might say, She is the the best role model. Not because her ability to teach as perfectly or excitingly like threw some games for us or told story. But even the child of 12th years old will get to know that she has a highly passionate and dedicated heart for her students.


Actually, most of my elementary school teachers has a special meaning to me. Maybe that's because they are the very first teacher I've known and may be because they have the longest year teaching me and even I met our class guardian everyday. They taught us from mathematics to Javanese Language. My Elementary English Teacher also the excellent one. At least for me.

From the very first time of my life (that time), I got a 100 for my exam, higher than all of my friends, the highest of all. Even higher from the cleverest student on my class. So from that moment on, I thought that through English, I might be the best of all. So, here I am. An S1 Bachelor of English Education Program. This title reminds me of my role-model teachers and how hard they worked to make me as I am now. That's why it is meaningful to me.
It's really easy to be a teacher, but it's hard to be a real dedicated teacher. For me, S.Pd means very significant and respected title. Although in reality, we can see that S.Pd seems less important (and sometimes had less salary) than any other title. But, for me, when I see the title, it remains me with my teacher who was willingly to teach me until now. Yes, she still be a teacher and live without too many wealth, and her students now they become lawyer, doctor, engineer and etc. We can't refuse that our career was started from our teachers.

I pray to the LORD, that my title isn't not gonna be just a title. But I'm gonna be a true teacher, wholeheartedly, respectably, dedicated, smart, creative and above all, makes my LORD pleasant.

Maybe your teachers were so bad enough that you could take nothing from their lives or made you hate going to school that time. But trust me, there are many real and true teacher from their heart. Don't look down upon your teachers. Don't hate them when they get wrong. They're just human.

So am I. 
I realize that I need more learning time and I will learn as much as I can although I'm not going to college anymore. (I plan to get another degree. Well, My university seems so promising when I get back with M.Pd title . Yay!! I do hope so ^^)

And before I close this posting, one thing that I should decide. What should I do with my style which is as cute as and as stylish as Korean Artist (Lol :p). Hmm, you already knew that the image of a teacher is a less fashionable, nerd, old lady. Could I replace it with SANDARA SNSD style??? It won't be decrease my responsibility I promise. (Lol, i know it's hard. I have to find my true style then) And by the way, I'm not yet find a job. Although some of my favourite school were looking for an English Teacher. But I believe and I speak of Faith, that I will find an excellent school to work in.

For last words, (truly...)
I attached some of my graduation pictures. Little weird make -up actually. I don't know why, He (Th make-up man, i might called him LOL) made my friends look gorgeous yet natural but when he turn to me, arghhhh, my friend said, I looked like a Vampire! grrr... Well, to much eye-shadow. ::sigh:: so that, I was lazy to take many pictures since my face looks scary. 

Thanks for reading :) be blessed

-Lee Naomi-

Me... before the ceremonial

Genk Ponie

After receiving the -Formality- sertificate

Me and My friend
*) I will update this post with my pictures with my mother and father. Since it takes on a studio so I don't have the file. Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats naomi :) you are a blessing indeed....

Partners