Thursday, October 13, 2011

Keep Moving Forward

Despite all the bad mood this evening, I'm going to write my colloquy with my Lecturer today. It's an inspiring story for me and I hope it's going to be a blessing too for all of us. 

I went to Campus for taking my TOEFL result (just 4.87 btw) and I saw my Lecturer sat down by himself on the bench. I have to submit my Skripsi Data on a disc for him, so I decided to stop by just to give the disc and say some gratitude for giving me an A for my Skripsi. Well, the divine connection just started by the way. He started to talk with me and asking what am i going to do after this. I simply answered, looking for a job and maybe - my plan- making a job. Then he started to give me some advices.

Firstly, he asked again about why I like Jane Austen and the Pride and Prejudice so much? He argued that if someone fond of a novel or a writer, it could be something related to her/him. Maybe it's the plot, the value, the character and etc. For me, yes, I agree that I fond of Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice especially because i like the way Elizabeth thought about marriage. And Jane Austen herself has the same character with Elizabeth Bennet. She believed that a future wasn't always belong to a marriage. A marriage is a part of future, yes it is, but it's everything the future. The concept of women must be in a delicate and graceful, and a woman must be married are something that attracted me so much. A woman is destined to be a helper for his husband, yes, but it's not true that you are incomplete woman if you're not married. I never against marriage. I love weddings!! I like to prepare everything for my dream wedding and peaceful marriage, but I don't like to depend on it too much, or placed my happiness only on it. My happiness itself are depends on God's Love upon me. Well, that's what I said. 

And, the colloquy was continued. My lecturer shared his story of life. And actually, we have the same interest in novels. For him, his life-like novel is Jane Eyre. I read it several years ago and yes, I feel touched about the story, a sad story of Jane Eyre in her childhood. I like it but I don't wanna read it again since it's hurting to read that kind of book. I can't stand the pain. :( Yet, that book is a life-like novel for my Lecturer. Surprisingly, He told me his story. A struggle of life was found in his story. I never thought that he has a pretty painful childhood. And in his adulthood also, he had found several obstacle that force him to stop a while in his level. That's why, I also wondering why he is the only lecturer who isn't achieve the S2 degree yet. But our prediction are absolutely wrong. If we never met this afternoon, I would never know what was the story behind it. And actually, it was inspiring me. 
He was studying on S2 program when he decided to enter an exchange student going abroad. He chose to leave the S2 Program. The exchange program seemed promising. Despite all the underestimation of other participants, He went on. He reached the highest score. He prove himself although he (and we are) is an uptown man and less elite university (compared with UMM, UI, UM etc) he became the best. Well, actually this story makes me more confident. Few days ago, I feel discourage to apply a job as a teacher on my late High School. My university will be at first place of consideration. I could have so brilliant IPK, but how about my college? well, it's less famous compared to colleges outside Tuban. Well, but his story makes me realize. It doesn't mean a lot where were you come from. You need a willing heart, a dedicated heart for something that you do and a harder work. As my English Teacher told me yesterday, I have to learn more because what I've learned from college it's not enough. I need to learn all by myself too. Need a wider perception and not just stop here. My lecturer said to me, poor me if I stop here.

The last but not least,  I was surprised that my Lecturer said, "Don't just think about the money. But you need only a willing heart and God will lead your way. HE would never let you fainted all the way to reach your destiny. HE will provide all you need to get there. Just trust Him and let Him create some GREAT things in your life. Don't just stuck on your comfort zone. Keep moving forward!"

My pride was said several years ago, I wouldn't listen to someone who's not talking about GOD"S word. Yes, it is an arrogance and that's my fault. Coz' suddenly, GOD speaks to me through someone I rarely talked with. And He speaks of something which is the same with GOD's lesson for me several time ago. And HE reminds me through my Lecturer. GOD speaks through many ways!!! Even the Non-Christian one.  (Even, the Korean Drama :p)

For me, I believe it is a divine connection. When my turn comes, I'll make sure I'll talk about GOD' s truth.
Sorry for my English, if there are many mistakes. I'm still learning over and over again. I would be glad too if you will send me a respond for my writings or my grammar. My High School Teacher told me that I don't have to be shy to use English, since it's not my mother tongue language, it's okay to make mistake. Trial and error but succeeded at last :)

Thank you for reading :)

Best Regards, 
The dreamer of the day 
Naomi Nadia

No comments:

Partners